How to Apply (for current MSU Graduate Students in programs other than M&I)
Application directions if you are already a graduate student at MSU, but your home department is not M&I:
*The deadline by which applications must be processed and complete for Spring 2018 is November 1, 2017.
*The deadline by which applications must be processed and complete for Fall 2017 is June 1, 2017.
(Although current MSU graduate students who apply after the deadline may receive course enrollment approval and be able to start taking courses, you may have to wait until the subsequent semester to be officially “admitted” to the Serious Game Design Certificate Program.)
1. Please email Dr. Carrie Heeter at firstname.lastname@example.org to describe your background and interest in enrolling in the Certificate Program. After reviewing your request she will send you a plan of study form for you to fill out, indicating which semesters you plan to take each course.
2. Have your academic adviser sign the form and mail it to the Academic Program Coordinator in Media and Information,
3. The Academic Program Coordinator will process course overrides and complete and send a Graduate Certificate Recommended Action Form to the Office of Admissions for processing. Once approved by the Office of Admission, the program will be added to your student profile.
4. Once overrides have been processed you can Enroll for the MI 830, MI 831, and MI 841. Fees assessed should be the same you pay for your other graduate credit course work. You may refer to the Student Accounts Office at http://ctlr.msu.edu/COStudentAccounts/Tuition_Fees.aspx for current tuition and fee information.
Obtaining your transcript when you graduate:
1. Once you have completed the program and certificate requirements, apply for graduation for both at http://reg.msu.edu/StuForms/GradApp/GradApp.asp.
2. A degree certification form for the degree and certificate will be processed and sent to the M&I department for review and approval.
3. Once confirmed and processed by the Degree Certification Office, the certificate will be noted as complete and appear on your final degree transcripts.