How to Apply (for current MSU Graduate Students in programs other than TISM)
Application directions if you are already a graduate student at MSU, but your home department is not TISM:
*The deadline by which applications must be processed and complete for Spring 2013 is November 1, 2012.
*The deadline by which applications must be processed and complete for Fall 2013 is June 1, 2013.
(Although current MSU graduate students who apply after the deadline may receive course enrollment approval and be able to start taking courses, you may have to wait until the subsequent semester to be officially “admitted” to the Serious Game Design Certificate Program.)
1. Please complete and submit the form below, indicating whether you plan to take the hybrid or online versions of each course. Please email Dr. Carrie Heeter at email@example.com to express your interest in enrolling in the Certificate Program. Please include your name and PID in the email. If you wish to substitute a methods class from your major in place of TC 841 (understanding users) please include the course name and number and brief description.
2. Carrie will review requests and make acceptance recommendations to the Academic Program Coordinator. She will forward your name and PID to the Academic Program Coordinator for TISM, recommending that course overrides be processed and that the transcriptable certificate be added to your program of study. Carrie will copy you on the recommendation, so that you know this step has occurred.
3. The Academic Program Coordinator will process course overrides and complete and send a Graduate Certificate Recommended Action Form to the Office of Admissions for processing. Once approved by the Office of Admission, the program will be added to your student profile.
4. Once overrides have been processed you can Enroll for the TC 830, TC 831, and TC 841. Fees assessed should be the same you pay for your other graduate credit course work. You may refer to the Student Accounts Office at http://ctlr.msu.edu/COStudentAccounts/Tuition_Fees.aspx for current tuition and fee information.
Obtaining your transcript when you graduate:
1. Once you have completed the program and certificate requirements, apply for graduation for both at http://reg.msu.edu/StuForms/GradApp/GradApp.asp.
2. A degree certification form for the degree and certificate will be processed and sent to the TISM department for review and approval.
3. Once confirmed and processed by the Degree Certification Office, the certificate will be noted as complete and appear on your final degree transcripts.